The 2019 Kalmia Garden Farmhouse Concerts return for the sixth season June 14-16, and June 21-23, at the Gastler Farm,159 Middlefield Road (Rte 147) in Durham. Friday evening concerts begin at 7:00 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday concerts begin at 4:00 p.m. Garden tours begin one hour before each concert.
Founding artists violist Leah Gastler Mabbun, pianist Tim Krippner, and cellist Max Geissler join violinists Evie Chen and Yena Lee in two programs. The June 14-16 program includes a Mozart string duo, Shostakovich piano trio, and Dohnanyi piano quintet. The June 21-23 program features a Schubert quartettsatz, a David Baker piano trio, and a Mendelssohn string quartet. Audiences are treated to an entertaining description of each piece before it is played and are invited to mingle with the musicians at the end of each concert.
The concerts are presented by the Kalmia Garden Chamber Music and Arts Foundation, a 501c3 registered in Connecticut. Tickets are available at www.kalmiagardenmusicandarts.org. Info at 860 349-8415.
- Occurred Friday, June 14th, 2019 @ 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Occurred Saturday, June 15th, 2019 @ 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Occurred Sunday, June 16th, 2019 @ 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Occurs Friday, June 21st, 2019 @ 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Occurs Saturday, June 22nd, 2019 @ 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Occurs Sunday, June 23rd, 2019 @ 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm